Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Midweek Munchies

example

I went to the store without a list this past weekend . . . thus, a weird concoction of randomness!

BULK
a tenth of a pound of vegan "gummy cubs" (I'd been craving candy for some odd reason!)

PACKAGED GROCERY
one box of Annie's organic shells and aged WI Cheddar (shared with Christine for lunch)
a four-pack of Izze sparkling grapefruit juice

PRODUCE
1 organic avocado
2 organic white peaches
1 organic black plum
a few sprigs of organic basil
one organic orange bell pepper
1 small organic yam
half an organic canteloupe
1 bag prewashed organic local baby spinach

REFRIGERATED GROCERY
1 Wildwood raspberry soy yogurt
1 Wholesoy raspberry soy yogurt (I'm doing a side-by-side taste test)

AND, I finally joined the co-op last weekend!

Visit Harmonia for more info on Midweek Munchies.

9 comments:

Dori said...

Nice list. Hope the raspberry yogurt taste testing will perk you up from crabby..... it did me :)

What a day yesterday!

Catherine Weber said...

Dori, I know! Yesterday was incredible, and not in a good way.

The yogurt taste-testing confirmed what I already believed -- WholeSoy is the best soy yogurt out there that I've tried. Wildwood was AWFUL -- grainy and completely gross. I actually threw it away after two bites. (First bite, yuck, stirred it a lot just to make sure, second bite, double-yuck, hit the trash. Couldn't even bring myself to lick off the spoon before I put it in the sink!)

KleoPatra said...

Gummy Cubs!! YUM!!! I love "Sharkies" - have you tried them!!??

Aw, Cathewine, wife is short. Pwease don't be cwabby!! :o)

Crystal said...

ooh, I'll have to try the WholeSoy...can't remember which brand I tried last but it was pretty good. Actually, I think it was WholeSoy. Oh well, I must try it again to be sure :)

-Crystal

Crystal said...

Hey girl - You need to check out the Star Tribune Taste section (yes, that's an order!). There is a cooking contest on lentils. Prize is $$! www.startribune.com/a1436

Due July 7th!

-Crystal

Crystal said...

Hey girl - You need to check out the Star Tribune Taste section (yes, that's an order!). There is a cooking contest on lentils. Prize is $$! www.startribune.com/a1436

Due July 7th!

-Crystal

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

mmmm, gummy cubs! & i like those izze drinks ~ i've had the sparkling pear. way to go joining the co-op! :o)

funwithyourfood said...

Yay for joining the co-op!

Catherine Weber said...

Vicki, I don't think I've seen the sparkling pear yet, but I've tried the clementine, grapefruit, blueberry, and raspberry -- all fantastic!

Vicki and Teddy, I'm really exciting about joining the co-op! There are a couple of really interesting classes coming up this summer that I just might decide to take . . . cooking classes, that is!