Sunday, June 18, 2006

makin' it count!

Since today is my only day off this weekend, I packed as much stuff into it as I could -- gotta make it count, baby!

I've . . .
~ washed and air-dryed two loads of laundry
~ hit the ATM
~ gone shopping with Christine: new clothes from Macy's (petite department,) Ann Taylor Loft (petite department,) and the Gap (one lonely tank top and some undies,) new shoes from DSW (Rocket Dogs!), Burt's Bees shampoo and conditioner, Okabashi flip-flops, and five blank cards from Walgreens, and a stop-browse at the Midtown Global Marketplace! Super-fun. Kai posted on this place awhile ago -- if you're in the area, check it out!

I hope to finish up some cooking projects yet today, and finally tackle the dishes. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

funwithyourfood said...

Shopping SPREE..
I really need to get some new summer clothes. I'm dying in the heat here. I went to gap the other day as well. Found a skirt I liked but they didnt' have my size so I'm ordering it online ASAP b4 they run out.

have a good sunday!

Teddy

Eat Peace Please said...

Good luck.

KleoPatra said...

Good luck... but i know you won't need it!!!

:o)

Catherine Weber said...

Teddy, it was totally a shopping spree. I spent, like, $350 today! It was worth it, though -- I have such a hard time finding clothes that fit! The petite department at the Mall of America Macy's is huge -- lots of old lady clothes, but a few good things hiding here and there. If I had a camera, I'd model all of my new clothes for you guys! I was not so pleased at the Gap, though -- their clothes fit less and less well as the years go on! I found many, many other things that I fell in love with, but put back because they were just too expensive (a petite skirt at J. Jill, and a couple of skirts at Ann Taylor loft . . . still sad!)

Leslie and Kleopatra, thanks! I'm plugging along, but taking a short break right now. :)

Dori said...

So you are a shorty. I'm the opposite and can never find clothes long enough. Shirts are fine, but I have longer legs at 5'7". Have fun shopping.

Eat Peace Please said...

Ok people, I'm barely 5 feet tall. I really have a hard time and the kids section is cheesey and not made for women with curves that are small.

Catherine Weber said...

Leslie, Ann Taylor Loft offers everything they carry in petite sizes on their website, (and it's a bit more reasonably priced than regular Ann Taylor, and quite hip!), and J. Jill offers many things in petite sizes, too. I still like department store petite departments, but I know many people avoid department stores because some of them still sell fur. (Ick.) But, it would be another option!