Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Yoga Month, Day 1

Hey hey, it's yoga month! For those of you who didn't read my post last weekend, I discovered September is officially "Yoga Month," and I decided to get my butt back on the yoga train by pledging to do yoga EVERY DAY for the month of September! Woo!

After my 10-mile bike ride home from work tonight, I took it easy with twenty minutes of "Stress Relief Yoga for Beginners," an old yoga DVD favorite of mine. It was really nice to stretch out, (especially my legs, upper back, and shoulders,) following my long ride!

I ended my evening with a deeeeeeelicious bowl of soup:

This Thai soup is one of Dan's favorites, and a frequent request when I ask him, "any ideas for what you'd like to eat next week?" I based my version on a recipe for "Thai-Style Chicken Soup" from Cook's Illustrated. I can't seem to find the recipe online anywhere, (except on their website, which you have to subscribe to in order to see recipes,) but know that this soup is pretty easy! You make a base of shallots, lemongrass, and cilantro, add vegetable broth and coconut milk, and after simmering, the solids are strained out. Cubed extra-firm tofu and sliced mushrooms float in the broth, which is then seasoned with fish sauce (or soy sauce,) curry paste, and lime juice. Garnish with green onions, cilantro, and sriracha!

What recipe does your spouse/significant other/children/friends ask you to make again and again?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hmmm...generally meat. :/ Trying to break the habit, but it isn't easy!