Tuesday, February 24, 2009

78 cents richer!

I went to the grocery store with $19 cash and a very short list this evening, and walked out with the following:


(I'm especially proud of the 78 cents leftover -- woooo laundry quarters! I would have walked out with 88 cents if the cashier had remembered to give me ten cents off for bringing my own bag! Rats.)

local, organic, in-pod edamame

organic nori
organic diced tomatoes

organic cucumber
organic bananas
organic avocado
local, organic white button mushrooms
local, organic red potato
local hydroponic romaine


You know the budget's tight when bananas become an "impulse buy." :)

What kinds of corners have you had to cut lately?


Sharon said...

Wow, great finds! And good job on bringing your own bags, I do that too! =D

Courtney said...

Yum--I am loving the edamame lately too! They make for such a quick and easy snack to bring along to work and are yummy and fun to eat :o)


Melody Polakow said...

I have been cutting ALL sorts of corners. Today, I REALLY wanted miso, but didn't buy it.. I did splurge on Ume Vinegar.. for 2.10.

I find taking cash helps SOOO much. I don't have an option. Today, I only took 4.62 to the store which is what I had leftover (I budgeted 15 this week so I could put 10 into my bulk food fund).. Now I have 2.52 left and EVERY penny counts! I know I'll probably buy some collard greens because I have been craving them.