Thursday, February 05, 2009

"Can you share?"

I have a funny story from work:

The kids I teach are obsessed with fruit.

Well, not just any fruit . . . MY fruit. Every single time I pull a piece of fruit out of my lunchbag, they all start saying, "can you share? CAN YOU SHARE?"

Sometimes I do! Then I only get a couple of slices of my apple, pear, orange, whatever, but my little friends gobble the rest up and beg for more.

I hate disappointing them when I want to eat my fruit "all by my big self," but really, I can't keep up with all ten of them plus myself! (I'd be in financial ruin, just buying fruit!)

Tuesday was a big day -- I took a whole mango to work. I got a few slices, yes, but I think a couple of them could have eaten the entire thing themselves. :) I keep sharing because I like that they like fruit.

P.S. They are also obsessed with mixed nuts. But only mixed nuts that I bring in. Kids are weird!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great story!

Sharon said...

I think that is sooo cute! How old are the kids? You should bring a platter of fruit, and they'll be doing cartwheels!!!

Hungry Hungry Dancer said...

not gunna lie thats hysterical.!!!

your a nice teacher, i would say GET YOUR OWN FRUIT!!

Babybear Scraps said...

you should have the parents send you fruits and nuts on the sly and then you can share "yours" with the kids without breaking the bank. :)