Monday, February 16, 2009

soup 'n' sandwich

example
Have I convinced you to buy Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day yet? I hope so!

Needed bread to make grilled cheese . . .
example
and Roasted Tomato Soup with Garlic. Thank you, Vegetarian Times! This is the easiest, tastiest tomato soup I've ever made. I added the optional pinch of red pepper flakes, (VERY nice, wouldn't consider making the soup without it,) and also added the leftover heavy cream from fondue earlier in the weekend. Dan had at least two bowls, maybe three -- I lost count!

What is your favorite soup and sandwich combo?

4 comments:

J said...

Oh man, I can't tell you how long it has been since I've had tomato soup. I really want some now, I'll have to check out that recipe.

I was never really into the whole soup and sandwich combo thing, I've never had a huge appetite, so I generally go for either or.

Sharon said...

Oh yes to grilled cheese! Oh my gosh, love your combo! Totally with you - tomato soup + grilled cheese!!!!

Hungry Hungry Dancer said...

there really isnt much better than warm creamy soup and fresh bread

aTxVegn said...

That bread book is on my wish list!