Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I love apricots.

Dan makes fun of me for how I say the word "apricot" -- "Ay-pricot," as opposed to "ah-pricot." Well, whatever -- they're tasty no matter how you pronounce it!

Although I do love me some apple and peanut butter oatmeal, my hands-down favorite hot cereal combination is dried apricots and sliced almonds:
example
Bob's Red Mill 10-Grain Hot Cereal, made with almond milk, the aforementioned goodies, a squirt of agave, and a teensie pinch of salt.

What's your favorite hot cereal combination?

8 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Loove apricots as well!!


I always start my day with a bowl of Banana-Nut Butter oatmeal.

Anonymous said...

Ha. My best frind says Ay-pricots too, which I thought was so strange when I first heard it. I like bananas and dates.

MeloMeals said...

I am drooling over your tomato soup/grilled cheese dinner from last post..

I love eating bulgur with apples, rasins and walnuts..

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh, that looks scrumptious!

Lauren said...

I have two favorites right now: oatmeal with vanilla almond milk, cinnamon, dried cherries and walnuts OR oatmeal with regular almond milk, pumpkin pie spice, a couple spoonfuls of canned pumpkin and pecans. {In fall, I had some heavy cream left from a recipe and drizzled a little on top: WOW.}

aTxVegn said...

I say AYpricots too! I love the dried ones, but especially love the fresh ones. Sadly, they aren't in season very long here. Your oatmeal sounds soooo good!

Ricki said...

These sound like great oats! I must try that combo. I think my favorite is still good old baked oats, with apples and raisins. But these days, oats come in so many guises, I think I should try some new ones!

Liz said...

Now I know what I'm having for dinner. I'm so tired I don't want to cook anything elaborate- I need food in my belly. This looks perfect!