Saturday, February 14, 2009

POM-tastic!

The nice folks at POM Wonderful contacted me last week and offered to send me free samples of their pomegranate juice. Woo! Who doesn't love free samples? I signed right up!

I've been making "mocktails" (equal parts POM and sparkling water) with my samples:
example
Delicious, not-too-sweet, and a super-source of antioxidants! (I guess 100% pomegranate juice has more antioxidants than any other beverage out there!?!) POM also lowers bad cholesterol and does other wonderful things for the heart. A timely treat, given the holiday, eh?? :)

I must be honest . . . I'm not really a juice drinker. POM is a delicious indulgenece, (sweet-tart, with great pomegranate flavor,) and I love it mixed with sparkling water, (most juice at full-strength is WAY too sweet/intense for me,) and if I was a juice drinker, I'd be all over this! I can see picking up a bottle for special occasions, but I don't think POM will become part of my daily routine.

BUT . . . if you are a juice-drinker, (or want to lower your cholesterol!) give POM a try!

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Gorgeous drink!!

Anonymous said...

Free stuff?! How cool is that?! What fun!

Courtney

veggievixen said...

ooh i love pomegranates/pom juice. and the juice-sparkly stuff combo is so fantastic.

Sharon said...

Wow, so delicious and so colorful|!