Tuesday, August 05, 2008

snack attack.

I made a batch of delicious snackies this evening:
example
Roasted chickpeas! I love how easy, cheap, and versatile they are -- toss cooked chickpeas with a little bit of oil, add some salt and seasonings, and bake at 375 until crispy! I tried my hand at tamari-wasabi roasted chickpeas tonight, with little success -- the completed peas are crispy and salty, and that's about it. Oh well -- now I know for next time!

I'm going to steal the following from a couple blogs that I frequent . . .

Question of the Moment:
What are your top five favorite snacks?


Mine are, in no particular order:
muffins/scones
fruit
granola with soy or almond milk
smoothies
and lately, pumpkin seeds (The white ones -- not the shelled pepitas. My coteacher buys big bags of them, and we nibble on them periodically.)

Hm. I should figure out how to sneak some veggies into my snacks!

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Yum!!

My top 5 snacks: fresh fruit, vegetables, smoothies, Larabars, and Dr. Weil bars :0)

J said...

I would have never thought to roast chickpeas, I bet that would be a great snack. I'm thinking of all sorts of flavor combinations that would work well. Too bad your tamari-wasabi one didn't pan out, I was hoping you would say it was delish, I LOVE wasabi!

Great choices in snacks, fruit is really my weakness. I type this as I am stuffing my mouth with local muskmelon and have 2 local apples waiting for me to get hungry again. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yum--it has been waaaaay too long since I have roasted some chickpeas! It has just been too hot, but your photo has me craving them! They are definitely among my favorite snacks, and all the others would have to be fruit--apples, melons, berries, grapes...anything! Mmmm...now I need to go find some fruit!

Courtney

VeganCowGirl said...

roasted chickpeas are just so yummy. Great snack choice and I would have to agree with you on your other choices...except the pumpkin seeds (I only eat those when I feel a little low on zinc).

Great grab from the coop.