Thursday, May 14, 2009

breakfasts.

I forgot about this one!

example

Dan's generally a big fan of sleeping in on the weekends, so he surprised me when he got up about fifteen minutes after I did on Sunday morning! Cause for a mini-celebration, no? Vegan, wholegrain, blueberry pancakes, topped with sliced bananas, walnuts, and maple syrup. Made having to go to work on Sunday ALMOST bearable, with a belly full of pancakes. :)

~~~~~~~~~~

I'm glad it's finally smoothie season!

example

Today's blend: 6 ounces of organic, local, plain yogurt, a couple of handfulls of fresh spinach, 2 teaspoons of ground flaxseeds, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 a banana, and enough orange juice to make it liquid.

This is totally hitting the spot this morning, especially since I'm in one of those sleepy/crabby moods where I don't feel like chewing anything. :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a question: what are your favorite "sneaky" ingredients to put in smoothies?

4 comments:

Regina said...

Definitely spinach and spirulina powder.

Sophia said...

Hey I'm new, I'd love you'd comment on my blog: http://whatyourmommadidntknow.blogspot.com/
I have to agree with you that smoothies are the perfect lazy breakfast, and they are so tasty!
Your pancakes look great, as well I love banana and pancakes together.

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie! I don't think Monsieur Fish has ever gotten up before me to make bfast!
Green smoothies are my fave- you can use spniach, parsley (so good for you), apples, you name it - it's really sweet, so it's a surprise.

Anonymous said...

I like kale and flax in my smoothies. Also, since I am not a huge fan of nuts, a smoothie is a great way to "sneak" them in--they get all creamy and you can't even really taste them :o)

Courtney