Saturday, May 23, 2009

yum.

You might be wondering what I did with those morels from the Farmer's Market . . .
example
Lunch, that's what I did! Sauteed the morels and asparagus in olive oil, added garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, and whole-wheat pasta. Topped with parmesan. Wee!

I'd never had morels before, and I think the thing that most impressed me was their texture -- very hearty, "toothsome," and savory. Mmmmmmm.

And, here's dinner:
example
Sorry for the blurry picture, but we had fajitas! Marinated, browned tempeh, peppers, and onions, topped with queso fresco, tomatoes, shredded cabbage/carrots, sour cream, salsa, and homemade guacamole! Yum, yum, extra yum.

P.S. I love the library:
example

4 comments:

Regina said...

Aaaah, I'm drooling over that pasta dish...and I'm addicted to the library's cookbook collection too! I'm waiting on that Vegan Soul Kitchen book right now, I'm so excited. Also, I don't know if you knew, but everything at Half Price is 20% off this weekend - I grabbed me some cookbooks yesterday!

Sharon said...

OH! Awesome awesome on the library! =D

Sophia said...

That pasta looks terrific, I've never tried morels, they looked worth every penny. I love spring asparagus, it just sings the beginning of summer.

I'd love it if you would comment on my blog:
http://whatyourmommadidntknow.blogspot.com/

aTxVegn said...

Mushrooms and pasta are so wonderful together. I know it's morel season and I am anxious to get some.

That fajita looks really great too!