Saturday, May 23, 2009

morels!

And other good stuff:

example

The morels made for a spendy week at the Farmer's Market, but we also picked up two pounds of asparagus again, (this time for immediate consumption, as opposed to steaming/blanching and freezing, like last week,) two huge packages of salad greens (w/edible flowers!), green onions, rhubarb, mint, and mozzarella cheese. Wahoo!

We spent $32.50 this week, but it was TOTALLY worth it. I anticipate amazing pasta for lunch, when Dan gets home from band practice.

I also noticed folks selling homemade tortillas and homemade salsas, which I will have to pick up next week -- I've been buying both like crazy from the co-op lately, and I'd much rather buy direct from the producer if I can!

Did you go to your Farmer's Market this week? What did you find?

No comments: