Tuesday, May 05, 2009

treats!

Since Dan and I finished the cupcakes over the weekend and I ate the last of the coconut sorbet last night, it was time for more treats. (Is it strange that I seem to be unable to function without dessert in the house??)

example

Oatmeal-Cranberry-Walnut Cookies

makes about 18

Cream together:
1/2 cup (1 stick) Earth Balance, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar

Whip together, then stir in to above:
1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
3 tablespoons warm water

Stir in:
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup flour (AP or whole-wheat pastry)
1 cup regular rolled oats

Stir in:
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes at 375.

I am really pleased with these -- they are not too sweet, but still a very satisfying treat! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh wow, cookies love!

Hungry Hungry Dancer said...

im actually going to make these right now haha

(I was looking for something to bake :) )

Sophia said...

Hi, My name is Sophia.
I've been making homemade granola for awhile now, its so much cheaper than the store bought stuff, and a lot tastier!
I started a new blog at: http://whatyourmommadidntknow.blogspot.com/
I would really love it if visited/commented on my blog.
I would also really like to add you to my blogroll?
Thanks!