Tuesday, May 12, 2009

so stuffed.

After my friend Ann and I went for our usual Tuesday walk tonight, we decided to hit up the Bad Waitress for some dinner. Ann wanted breakfast food, I didn't know what I wanted, so there we were!

I ended up ordering a quesadilla, which allows you to customize any three additions from their VAST menu of ingredients -- I chose mushrooms, red peppers, and asparagus. YUM, YUM, YUM, and they weren't skimping on the veggies! My quesadilla was served with healthy sides of guacamole, sour cream, and salsa, too! (I must admit, I did stick to the salsa and guac -- full-fat sour cream still kinda scares me!)

And after dinner? Well, we had dessert . . . a banana split, in fact! Can you believe I've never in my life enjoyed a banana split, until this very evening? The single dessert was too large for the two of us, but we managed to "take it down" anyways -- two scoops of vanilla, one scoop of chocolate, a banana, fresh strawberries, chocolate and caramel syrups, whipped cream, and THREE cherries! (Ann "forced" me to eat all three cherries, since she doesn't care for them. Wee!)

Color me stuffed. I'm nursing some peppermint tea right now. I don't make a habit of overeating, but sometimes, you just gotta enjoy a major dessert!

3 comments:

Sophia said...

Who needs sour cream when you have guacamole anyhow? Its the best stuff ever!
I've never had a Banana Split either.

Crystal said...

I need to try The Bad Waitress...always end up eating at Azia instead!

About the sweet potato fries, mine were not crispy this time because I was very stingy on the olive oil. When I've made them before, they have been crispy when I used more oil.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you've just got to throw caution to the wind and have fun! I was just thinking about trying to make banana splits for Guppy and Monsieur Fish who have never, ever even heard of them!