Saturday, May 06, 2006

catch-up

I haven't posted in about 36 hours, and I have a lot to tell you!

~ I made Kai's recipe for fried rice again on Thursday night, and although I slightly overcooked my rice, it was excellent the second time as well. I tried for a more traditional approach this time, and used all brown rice, some white onion, mushroom, water chestnuts, baby cocktail corn, green peas, and green onions. (I forgot to buy bean sprouts . . . .) YUM YUM YUM! Thanks again, Kai, for the awesome recipe! It's so easy to throw together, and tastes fantastic!

~ Yesterday morning, I did a half an hour of yoga, made oatmeal for breakfast and ate it slowly, paid bills and balanced my checkbook, took out the recycling, and washed a few dishes. It's soooooo nice to have that time to get stuff done!

~ Last night, friends and I went out to celebrate release from my old job/starting my new job. We had fabulous drinks, appetizers, and PIZZA at Psycho Suzi's!!! (I did eat dairy, although I'm sure they'd be happy to make a cheese-free pizza for anyone.) The drinks were fabulous, the pizza was fabulous, our waitress was awesome and hilarious, and for a party of five with drinks all around (two of us actually had a second round,) two appetizers, and a ginormous pizza, our tab was only sixty bucks. Sweet! We got there around 8:30 and by the time we left around 10, it was starting to get kind of loud and raucous in there -- but the fun kind of loud and raucous. Funny side note: there was a line for the MEN'S bathroom most of the night! Isn't that hilarious!

~ I'm off to run errands today. I'll have a happier Midweek Munchies post this week, and will probably have a yoga DVD review as well (I need a few things from Target, and am going to browse their DVD section.) Happy, happy weekend, everybody!

No comments: