Monday, April 10, 2006

frustrating

So, I got the latest edition of "Rolling Stone" in the mail today. Guess who was on the cover? Kiefer Sutherland. That's not the big deal. The big deal is . . .

HE IS ON THE COVER OF ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE SMOKING A CIGARETTE.

Yes, the cover. Smoking.

Now, I am pretty open minded. And I am aware that magazines are the only place (pretty much) cigarette companies are still allowed to advertise. But this isn't advertizing -- Rolling Stone CHOSE to show a famous actor SMOKING on the COVER.

It's just icky.

I might have to write a letter of complaint. I have been thinking about cancelling my subscription for a while now, even though I do enjoy some of the political/news related articles that they write, as well as the music news, of course.

This is just plain icky. I can't even articulate how frustrated I am by this.

No comments: