Saturday, April 08, 2006

i heart dickies!

I never thought I'd be brand-obsessed. However, I have fallen in love with Dickies bags. After stumbling across the perfect purse (color: chive) back in December, I have now found the perfect backpack (color: olive.) (It was originally priced $32 instead of the higher web price, AND I had a $4 off coupon!)

Strangely enough, I have been looking for a new backpack for quite a while now -- the zipper broke on my old one, and I had been searching for something a little less "campus-y," and a little more hip.

Dickies to the rescue! I love that their bags are hip, industrial-strength, and reasonably priced. What's not to love???

5 comments:

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

I really like that purse too..I could see myself with it in black. Hmm something else on my "too buy once I have money" list : )

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

what's the inside like? i could go for the chestnut color.

Catherine Weber said...

purse: It has the typical zip-closed "tampon pocket," and an open pouch for a cell phone. The fabric is very sturdy-looking, too.

backpack: big, open main compartment with the tampon pocket again. Two deep front pockets, and a flat "secret compartment" between the two. It also has one side pocket, and a water bottle cage.

I used the backpack for the first time today . . . I LOVE IT!

Flo @ Yielded Heart said...

So where did you get these then? I've been looking for a messenger bag and I really like the ones they have online.

Catherine Weber said...

THE ELECTRIC FETUS! They have tons of cool stuff in their gift department -- bags, clothes, CDs, candles, Burt's Bees products, jewelry, etc. Then there are the CDs . . . I can't ever get out of the Fetus in under an hour!

Another type of messenger bag you could check out: TIMBUK2 bags. (www.timbuk2.com) You can design your own bag on the web -- choose the color you want for each panel, pick all of your extra "features," etc. One of my friends did this, and she LOVES her bag. You can also buy TIMBUK2 bags at Midwest Mountaineering, (over in the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood, by the U of M West Bank campus,) and I think at REI.

Of course, I'm a Dickies girl . . . but it's always good to have options!