Tuesday, September 02, 2008

FLOG and kids

example
BREAKFAST:
cup of coffee with agave and half and half (not pictured)
slice of banana bread

SECOND BREAKFAST:
bowl of granola at work with the kids (soymilk added there)

LUNCH:
leftover spinach pie
leftover tabouli
3 pieces of black licorice (not pictured)

MIDAFTERNOON:
small hazelnut soy latte (not pictured)

3:00 SNACK:
cheese and crackers
watermelon

DINNER:
example
tomato salad (with lemon juice this time, since I'm fresh out of balsamic vinegar!) with bread on the side.

~~~~~~~~~~

And, here's today's "kids say the darndest . . . "

One of my kids, we'll call him Bob, (even though that's not his name,) was being silly this afternoon, saying "hello, Miss Catherine," over and over again in a silly voice. He paused, and I said, "Hello, Miss Bob!" He laughed like crazy and said, "Hello, Miss Pirate!" How did I respond??

"AAARRRRRRRRRR!"

And then we played pirates. :)

2 comments:

VeganCowGirl said...

That's awesome! And what vegan isn't a pirate?

I have one...yesterday we were doing a word study game and trying to find all of the word patterns using letters from the word september. After about 5 minutes, one of my boys said....ummmm...miss kirkham, isn't sperm a word....??? I killed myself laughing...

Anonymous said...

I love it! My 3-year-old is so into pirates right now. And dinos, so sometimes we pretend to be dinopirates! Arrrrrh!