Friday, September 12, 2008

more Mayo Clinic

Sorry for the largely missing photos today -- it's been a busy week!

a cup of black coffee
my multivitamin
Muesli Breakfast Bar (see previous post)

wholegrain couscous with red lentil stew (from my freezer,) garnished with plain yogurt
spinach and cucumber salad dressed with oil and vinegar
one raspberry Milano cookie

3:00 SNACK:
two chocolate ginger cookies
red grapes

Samosa-Stuffed Baked Potatoes (from VCON -- I cut the salt back, since most VCON recipes tend to be a wee bit too salty for me, but I cut back too far! I'll have to try an in-between amount next time.)
Yellow Lentils with Spinach and Ginger (from The New Mayo Clinic Cookboook -- I added a jalapeno pepper to the original recipe for a little extra heat! Otherwise, I followed the recipe as written.)
brown rice

ice cream! (still the chocolate-cherry stuff from awhile ago)

unsweetened red tea


pavotrouge said...

funny, the v-con recipes tend to be too bland for my palate... but then I'm a salt and spice addict.

VeggieGirl said...

Love the cookbook recipes that made an appearance in your dinner!

Courtney said...

That yellow lentil with spinach dish looks delish! I love lentils and spinach...I will have to try it soon!