Friday, September 12, 2008

more Mayo Clinic

Sorry for the largely missing photos today -- it's been a busy week!

BREAKFAST:
a cup of black coffee
my multivitamin
Muesli Breakfast Bar (see previous post)

LUNCH:
wholegrain couscous with red lentil stew (from my freezer,) garnished with plain yogurt
spinach and cucumber salad dressed with oil and vinegar
one raspberry Milano cookie

3:00 SNACK:
two chocolate ginger cookies
red grapes

DINNER:
example
Samosa-Stuffed Baked Potatoes (from VCON -- I cut the salt back, since most VCON recipes tend to be a wee bit too salty for me, but I cut back too far! I'll have to try an in-between amount next time.)
Yellow Lentils with Spinach and Ginger (from The New Mayo Clinic Cookboook -- I added a jalapeno pepper to the original recipe for a little extra heat! Otherwise, I followed the recipe as written.)
brown rice

DESSERT:
ice cream! (still the chocolate-cherry stuff from awhile ago)

BEDTIME:
unsweetened red tea

3 comments:

Steffi said...

funny, the v-con recipes tend to be too bland for my palate... but then I'm a salt and spice addict.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Love the cookbook recipes that made an appearance in your dinner!

Anonymous said...

That yellow lentil with spinach dish looks delish! I love lentils and spinach...I will have to try it soon!

Courtney