Sunday, September 07, 2008

lazy Sunday's FLOG

As of 3:30 pm today, I still haven't left the house!!! Ha. That's what I call one helluva lazy Sunday!

BREAKFAST:
example
A cup of black coffee and a watermelon Naked juice. Dan went out to buy the New York Times this morning, and brought this back for me as a treat. Yum! A fluid-rich breakfast, for certain. :)

LUNCH:
example
I made Black Bean & Chipotle Soup, the recipe for which I found here. This was some damn tasty soup! I followed the recipe pretty much as written, using dried beans cooked from scratch, a can of crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, and 1 teaspoon salt as my "salt to taste" addition. Garnished the soup with some chopped cilantro, diced avocado, and a dollop of local, organic, low-fat sour cream, with blue corn tortilla chips on the side. Mmmmmmmm.......!!! Perfect early fall food!

MIDAFTERNOON SNACK:
a cup of red tea, my multivitamin, and
example
The rest of the figs! They ripen SO quickly! I'm a little bummed that they are gone already. Sad face :(

DINNER:
example
I made Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Pasta, from a recent issue of Eating Well magazine. This recipe is definitely a keeper -- slightly sweet, slightly creamy, and extremely delicious! Dan helped quite a bit with the prep for this dish by peeling and shredding sweet potato, washing spinach, crumbling goat cheese, lots of stirring, etc. He is definitely my favorite prep cook! (And my favorite trash-taker-outer, and my favorite floor sweeper, and my favorite stove scrubber . . . he's been a helpful guy this weekend!)

EARLY EVENING:
a cup of red tea sweetened with honey

LATER:
approximately three cookies (two baked, plus a few bites of dough snuck from the bowl)

~~~~~~~~~~

I think I'm going to bake yet tonight. I have an experimental cookie idea forming in my head as I type . . . more later!

6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Lazy Sundays can be fun :0)

Such vibrant meals!!

Have fun baking!!

Crystal said...

Hey there! We're back from our honeymoon and as much as I've been trying to stay away from the internet, I had to check your blog...did you know you've posted 17 times since we've been gone!?!

Anyway...excited to tell you we got a Soyabella for our wedding! We are soaking the soybeans right now and can't wait to try it.

Also, looks like we have the same magazine tastes. The Sweet Potato and Red Pepper pasta is on our menu list from this week (just made the scallops/apple salad) They had a good amount of "keepers" this time around in Eating Well.

Yay!

Anonymous said...

That is my kind of Sunday--I love those lazy kinda days :o) However, despite not leaving the apt, it looks like you were very productive and hardly lazy!

Those figs are gorgeous! It makes me want some NOW!

Courtney

jenny said...

Those figs are amazing!!
Cant' wait to see your cookie concoction!

funwithyourfood said...

I'll take some of those figs!

Sarah said...

that soup looks soo good in each of the posts you had on it. I have to make this!

Oh and Naked is the best! My favorites are Red Superfood, Orange Mango Energy, and pretty much all of them, lol. I just wish it was cheaper!