Friday, September 26, 2008

shopping trips

I have the day off from work today for a few appointments, but I also made time for a couple of shopping trips.

First, I spent a whopping $22 at the Farmer's Market!!
example
LOCAL:
carrots
one cucumber
two zucchini
red & yellow onions
roma tomatoes
"Northern Lights" apples
one eggplant
bunch of beets w/tops
cilantro
parsley

NOT LOCAL:
white button mushrooms
garlic (I found teensie-weensie local garlic, but after I purchased the non-local . . . phooey!)
lemons

Then, I went to the Wedge:
example
BULK:
tahini
local, organic, whole-wheat bread flour
locally-roasted, organic, fair-trade coffee
dried apricots

HERBS & SPICES:
local, organic black peppercorns
local, organic vanilla bean

PACKAGED GROCERY:
2 rolls Seventh Generation TP
Seventh Generation dish soap
Seventh Generation laundry detergent
organic lite coconut milk
organic ginger mints

PERSONAL CARE:
two bars Kiss My Face soap
Seventh Generation organic cotton tampons

PRODUCE:
organic celery
organic bananas
giant organic mango
organic crimson pears
local, organic baby mixed greens
organic sweet potato
organic black mission figs

REFRIGERATED GROCERY:
Earth Balance buttery sticks (new packaging??!??!)
Naked Juice banana chocolate protein smoothie
Naked Juice berry blast smoothie
local, organic half and half

~~~~~~~~~~

Wish me luck this afternoon -- I have four loads of laundry to do, the bathroom to clean, the floors to sweep, dishes to wash, crap to pull together for the Goodwill, and a LOAD of cooking/prepping to do! Here I go . . . !

4 comments:

J said...

What a great load of grub! Don't you love how much you can get for so little money from the farmer's market?

Wowsa, you've got yourself an evening, good luck getting all that done!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

DELICIOUS GROCERIES!!!

BEST of luck with your to-do list!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Your farmers market haul looks great! I am SO going this weekend--they have apples now?! Yay! I am excited to get there ASAP!!

Good luck--I hope you got everything done today!

Courtney

Anonymous said...

wow you got ALL THAT for $22.00? What a deal!