Sunday, September 07, 2008

yesterday's flog, new cookbook!

BREAKFAST:
a cup of black coffee, my multivitamin, and
example
peanut butter toast and a pluot.

WORK SNACK:
example
love the Naked juices -- they hold me until my shift is over at 2:00 without a break!

LATE LUNCH:
gigantic piece of summer vegetable lasagna, slice of bread, and sea salt caramel at Lucia's Bakery. SOOOOOOO delicious! It was so delicious, in fact, that I forgot to snap a picture. I promise I took my camera with me, having very good intentions, though!

LATE AFTERNOON:
cup of red tea sweetened with honey

DINNER:
Dan's Dad came up for the CD release party last night, and took us to the Modern Cafe for dinner. I had never been there -- what a treasure, hidden away in the depths of northeast Minneapolis! They try to focus on local, sustainable food as much as they can, and you get beautiful plates of delicious food for less than twenty bucks a head. (Pricier than I'd usually like, but heck, Pat was treating!!) I ordered the fattoush salad, which was full of romaine lettuce, barley, local tomatoes, cucumber, and feta, all topped with a hard-boiled egg. Me and eggs haven't been getting along so well lately, and this night was no exception, but damn was it tasty!

~~~~~~~~~~

I bought myself a new cookbook yesterday:
example
When we were visiting Dan's parents last weekend, I had a chance to flip through the abbreviated version of this cookbook, which I found on the shelves of their kitchen. I was hooked! Most of the recipes, save for the chapters on meat and seafood, are vegan, (or easily veganized,) focusing on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and beans! I treated myself to a copy yesterday, and I can't WAIT to start cooking out of this cookbook!

~~~~~~~~~~

Expect today's FLOG later this evening -- until then!

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I'm LOVING pluots right now.

Looking forward to seeing what you make from that new cookbook!!

Bex said...

I've seen this book on the book store shelves. I'll have to actually open it next time. Thanks for pointing it out.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...that pluot looks beautiful in the sunlight of your photo! And yay for new cookbooks! I love sitting down to read through a good cookbook and getting excited over all of the yummy recipes I want to try...:o)

Courtney

Anonymous said...

I really love the mayo clinic cookbook. The muesli breakfast bars in it are pretty good, and the mushroom pasta if you love mushrooms like I do.