Sunday, September 28, 2008

a request for eggs

Last weekend Dan said, "how come we never have eggs any more?"

Message received. :) Lunch today:
example
Poached eggs, (Dan had two,) yukon gold hashbrowns, sauteed chard and mushrooms, and orange juice.

The mushrooms and chard were quite tasty, (I think I like chard much more than I like kale,) but the hashbrowns were, obviously, my favorite part. What is it that is so delcious about salty, crispy, slightly greasy shredded potatoes???

Question:
What's your favorite thing to make for brunch?

Although I know eggs and hashbrowns would be well-received by the BF any time, my favorite thing to make/eat for brunch would be waffles, faux breakfast sausage links, and a big, delicious fruit salad with chopped fresh mint. Yum!

4 comments:

Judy's Nutrition said...

I have to agree with you on the hash brown bit - they are definitely the best part of any brunch. Hmm, seems as though that answers your question as well.....but if I had to pick a favourite meal for brunch, it would be frittata with hash browns. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

I love this brunch!

My Mom loves eggs so I would make a frittata. I am not a huge egg fan so I would probably do a tofu scramble or if I do have eggs I love huevos rancheros. I personally believe I would like eggs much better if we called them huevos.

Anonymous said...

I love brunch! My favorites would be a huge fruit salad, scones, maybe a tofu quiche, and lots of tea and coffee. I don't make brunch nearly enough...now you have me craving it!

Courtney

Tea With Fairytales said...

Hashbrowns are amazing - don't be ashamed!