Sunday, September 28, 2008

a request for eggs

Last weekend Dan said, "how come we never have eggs any more?"

Message received. :) Lunch today:
Poached eggs, (Dan had two,) yukon gold hashbrowns, sauteed chard and mushrooms, and orange juice.

The mushrooms and chard were quite tasty, (I think I like chard much more than I like kale,) but the hashbrowns were, obviously, my favorite part. What is it that is so delcious about salty, crispy, slightly greasy shredded potatoes???

What's your favorite thing to make for brunch?

Although I know eggs and hashbrowns would be well-received by the BF any time, my favorite thing to make/eat for brunch would be waffles, faux breakfast sausage links, and a big, delicious fruit salad with chopped fresh mint. Yum!


Judy's Nutrition said...

I have to agree with you on the hash brown bit - they are definitely the best part of any brunch. Hmm, seems as though that answers your question as well.....but if I had to pick a favourite meal for brunch, it would be frittata with hash browns. Yummy.

Nikki Douglas said...

I love this brunch!

My Mom loves eggs so I would make a frittata. I am not a huge egg fan so I would probably do a tofu scramble or if I do have eggs I love huevos rancheros. I personally believe I would like eggs much better if we called them huevos.

Courtney said...

I love brunch! My favorites would be a huge fruit salad, scones, maybe a tofu quiche, and lots of tea and coffee. I don't make brunch nearly you have me craving it!


Tiffany said...

Hashbrowns are amazing - don't be ashamed!