Saturday, March 05, 2011

a beautiful thing

Melty, toasty cheese is a beautiful thing, isn't it?

I picked up the March issue of Food Network Magazine not too long ago, and although I was sorely disappointed in the magazine overall, (the articles, and I use that term liberally, were 3/4 of a page at most, and the magazine was chock-full of adds, glossy photos of personalities, and plenty of heavy, meaty food,) there was one page I ripped out -- a primer for building your own baked pasta dish. I boiled up a pound of rigatoni, tossed it with browned Field Roast sausages, spinach, kalamata olives, artichokes, their "herb sauce," provolone, and parmesan, and topped with more cheese.

Delicious:

I ended up splitting the recipe into two smaller baking dishes, freezing one for later enjoyment. (I decided to do this mostly because my larger baking dish is still full of barley and cheese. It's been a cheesy week!)

I wonder why I'm craving heavy, cheesy casseroles lately? (Usually I prefer lighter fare!) Oh well -- I should just go with it, right? :)

2 comments:

Ali said...

You and I must be on the same wavelength...I have a cheesy pasta bake in the oven right now!

Something must be in the Mpls air :)

Have a great weekend!
Ali

MeloMeals said...

That looks so good! I had mac and 'cheese' last night for dinner.. and it was yummy.. but then I see this cheesy goodness and it reminds me how much I miss actual cheese.

I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed.