Monday, March 28, 2011

FLOG

BREAKFAST #1 and #2:

"black and blue" smoothie at home, and two muffins for the bus

LUNCH:

whole-wheat linguine topped with fried tofu, a pile o' veggies, and the peanut sauce from Vegan with a Vengeance -- SO good! (and my first time making it!)

SNACKS:

one of the women who works in the main office at my work occasionally goes to Candy Land and picks up a big bag of popcorn . . . this week it was the plain ol' good stuff, but I do love that "Chicago Mix," too! Mmmmmmm popcorn!
and,

homemade white bean hummus and two Dr. Kracker flatbreads
and a slice of my coteacher's pumpkin bread, not pictured.

DINNER:

giant salad topped with apples, fennel, walnuts, bleu cheese, and homemade fig balsamic vinaigrette (sadly, I didn't have time to finish the whole salad, since I had to rush for the bus -- boo!)

TREAT:

ginger "Newman-Os" -- possibly my favorite pre-packaged cookie

POST-YOGA SNACK:

cereal hits the spot nearly every time

I have yoga class again tonight, (my last one of this series,) so I'm all packed up and ready to go! Hope you have a good Monday!

And, to answer Courtney's question about my fig balsamic vinaigrette, I just made a regular balsamic vinaigrette with fig vinegar. Mmmmmmm!

4 comments:

Vic Robinson said...

That smoothie looks pretty outstanding! :)

Anonymous said...

Homemade fig balsamic vinaigrette?!? Ummm, yum! Do you have a recipe you can share?

Courtney

Anonymous said...

I love a good peanut sauce - I'll have to check out that recipe. I also just made a batch of white beans today and was thinking about making a dip for the kids, so I'm looking for a mild flavored dip recipe. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Catherine. I have never had fig vinegar before...I wonder if I could make it with vinegar and dried figs?! Hmmm....

Courtney