Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Sunday night soup

Here's a delicious, simple little meal I made for dinner on Sunday night:

Asparagus Potato Soup, from Cooking Light, with grilled swiss cheese sandwiches on the side. This meal could have been even better if I had remembered to pick up a tomato to go on the grilled cheese, but as is, it was pretty lovely! The soup, (prepared with plain yogurt and plain milk, since adding vanilla and all of that sugar to a savory soup just sounded WEIRD to me,) was light, tasty, and satisfying, and has made nice lunches this week, too. :)

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the rest of the asparagus from last spring that's still in my freezer! :) Any suggestions??

3 comments:

Emily said...

Did you freeze asparagus?! Is it good when you re-heat it? I think I've had some frozen from the store, and wasn't a huge fan..

Anonymous said...

You could make a quiche (tofu or otherwise) with asparagus (and mushrooms and onions--yum!), roast it (my favorite way, but now sure how frozen asparagus will roast?), or put it in a casserole/pasta? I have honestly never used frozen asparagus, but I love asparagus in anything, so I feel like you can't really go wrong with it!

Courtney

MeloMeals said...

Soup and Grilled Cheese is one of my favorite dishes ever!

Guess what? I'm probably coming out to MN this summer ( in July!).. I'll be staying in St. Paul for a month or so to check it out and see if I might want to move there. I'd love to get together when I'm there. I'll be checking out the job scene too..