Thursday, March 24, 2011

FLOG

FIRST BREAKFAST:

cold cereal with unsweetened almond milk

SECOND BREAKFAST:


LUNCH:

leftover red beans and rice, chard, and portobello mushroom, and a red bartlett pear

and half a cheese quesadilla:

(what can I say . . . I was HUNGRY today!)

and an organic mango lollipop for dessert:


SNACK:

a mixture of spelt pretzels, almonds, raisins, and dried apricots

DINNER:

Now, even though I have plenty of leftovers in my fridge that could have easily made for a delicious and healthy dinner, I was craving pizza tonight, in a BAD way. (I blame the fact that my bus stops two blocks away from Pizza Luce, and that slice counter is always calling my name!) I figured, since life has been so stressful lately, (and since I seem to be coming down with a cold . . . you know, feed a cold, starve a fever?) I better indulge. I went the cheap route, though, and picked up a decent frozen pizza from Target -- their Archer Farms Italian imported pizzas aren't half bad! This one was the "Mediterranean Arugula and Tomato," and I've tried the spinach and goat cheese one before, too (I think I like the goat cheese one better, but this one is pretty good!) I'm not a huge frozen pizza fan, but these guys contain all real ingredients (albeit not organic, but still pronounceable,) and look and taste good!

OH -- and I had salad with my pizza! Spinach topped with pecans, dried cranberries, bleu cheese, and homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Yum!

Off to finish the laundry . . . 'night!

6 comments:

Ellie said...

I felt like I was reading my own day of food!!! Love it :)

Emily said...

I love #1 and #2 breakfasts. :)

Catherine Weber said...

Emily, I know -- I just can't consume enough food that early in the morning to last me until lunch! Two smaller breakfasts seem to work better for me. :)

Vic Robinson said...

Whoa! That mushrooms looks really good. What did you do to it?

http://haymarket8.blogspot

Anonymous said...

That portobello mushroom looks sooooooooooo good! I wish I worked at your place so we could share, lol :-)

Courtney

Anonymous said...

I used to live in MPLS and I SO miss Pizza Luce! I honestly dream about the Baked Potato Pizza. Now I'm hungry for it again.....