Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Mardi Gras!

Helloooooo Fat Tuesday! Any of you folks out there that took French in high school probably feel the same as I . . . Mardi Gras = crepe day! I don't get so much into the whole party your brains out/wear colorful necklaces/eat red beans and rice part of Mardi Gras, but I can always get behind an excuse to make crepes!

Well . . . after making crepes with the kids for snack today, I still hadn't had enough crepe action for the day. Enter, dinner:

(There's some provolone and asparagus hiding in each . . .)

And dessert!

(Homemade raspberry jam and powdered sugar this time!)

Um, is there such a thing as a "butter coma?" I might be in one. The kitchen is a complete mess, but all I want to do right now is go to sleep! Hm. Conundrum.

3 comments:

Ali said...

OK, now this is getting scary....first we were making cheesy pasta bakes on the same day...now it's crepes? I've got it on the agenda for dinner tonight!

Great minds think alike!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh the memories of high school French class crepe and quiche making... :-)

Courtney

MeloMeals said...

Those look so good!