Saturday, March 26, 2011

FLOG, and my first calzone

BREAKFAST:

I was expecting a longish morning and a busy day today, (and I was right!) so I decided to make myself a substantial breakfast -- two eggs, hashbrowns, and a green smoothie. Fueling up allowed for a fuss-free morning of shopping!

LUNCH:

After our run to Costco, dropping by my apartment to sort and put food away, and then dropping by Ann's apartment to put more food away, she and I walked over to the Uptown Diner for lunch. I ordered the veggie burger, (which, I must confess, is my go-to choice, since it's SO GOOD,) with fries, which are awesomely crispy and seasoned, but I'm never able to finish. :)

TREAT:

After lunch and running around Uptown a little bit, Ann and I popped into Isles Bun and Coffee for a puppy dog tail each. HEAVEN. Ann had never been before, so I was delighted to provide her with an introduction! :)

DINNER:

Believe it or not, I had never made a calzone before tonight -- and my first attempt turned out well! I used half-whole wheat Artisan Bread dough, and wrapped it around diced tomatoes, chopped spinach, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, a roasted red pepper, and some provolone. Mmmmm! Steamed artichoke with lemon butter for dipping. It was a glorious meal.

I should really head off to bed here pretty soon . . . if I want this "cold" to go away before it becomes full-fledged, I better get some rest! Until tomorrow.

2 comments:

MeloMeals said...

That looks so good! I love calzones.. and artichokes!

Anonymous said...

That artichoke looks SO good!

Courtney