Saturday, March 26, 2011

FLOG, and my first calzone


I was expecting a longish morning and a busy day today, (and I was right!) so I decided to make myself a substantial breakfast -- two eggs, hashbrowns, and a green smoothie. Fueling up allowed for a fuss-free morning of shopping!


After our run to Costco, dropping by my apartment to sort and put food away, and then dropping by Ann's apartment to put more food away, she and I walked over to the Uptown Diner for lunch. I ordered the veggie burger, (which, I must confess, is my go-to choice, since it's SO GOOD,) with fries, which are awesomely crispy and seasoned, but I'm never able to finish. :)


After lunch and running around Uptown a little bit, Ann and I popped into Isles Bun and Coffee for a puppy dog tail each. HEAVEN. Ann had never been before, so I was delighted to provide her with an introduction! :)


Believe it or not, I had never made a calzone before tonight -- and my first attempt turned out well! I used half-whole wheat Artisan Bread dough, and wrapped it around diced tomatoes, chopped spinach, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, a roasted red pepper, and some provolone. Mmmmm! Steamed artichoke with lemon butter for dipping. It was a glorious meal.

I should really head off to bed here pretty soon . . . if I want this "cold" to go away before it becomes full-fledged, I better get some rest! Until tomorrow.


Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day said...

That looks so good! I love calzones.. and artichokes!

Courtney said...

That artichoke looks SO good!