Tuesday, March 22, 2011

FLOG, muffins, and blog suggestions

I don't know why this happens, but I already find myself eating more healthfully when I FLOG! Does anyone else experience this? I don't think my basic intake changes much, (I still eat lots of veggies, whole grains, etc.) but I snack less -- I'm less inclined to eat "junk" at work when FLOGging. Awesome!

Anyhow, here's today:

BREAKFAST:

I ate the oatmeal at home, and packed the banana for post-chiropractor, bus snack

not pictured . . . a Mexican Mocha from Spyhouse! (My chiro appointment finished earlier than I was expecting, and it was so friggin' cold and rainy, I felt like a little extra caffeine and warm-up could only help!)

MID MORNING SNACK:
a slice of American cheese, a few saltines, and a small handfull of raisins (not pictured, again!)

LUNCH:

Leftover rice and dal, some diced mango, and the last butterscotch pudding (and a few bites of someone's leftover birthday cake . . . but it wasn't very good, so I threw out the rest of the piece I took.)

SNACK:

two Dr. Kracker flatbreads and some homemade white bean hummus

DINNER:

Leftover rice and beans, chard, and portobello mushroom.

~~~~~~~~~~

I have had the urge to bake since Sunday afternoon, and finally got around to it tonight! Behold, Diann's Pumpkin, Millet, and Chocolate Chip Muffins:

I got a dozen standard-sized muffins, plus a dozen minis from her recipe, (but I did add extra chocolate chips . . . gasp!) which the kids will happily gobble down tomorrow. I'm just excited to have something besides dry cereal or bananas for "second breakfast!"

~~~~~~~~~~

I'm shopping for new blogs to add to my blogroll -- anyone have any suggestions? Please let me know if I'm missing any of your favorites!

No comments: