Monday, July 17, 2006

breakfast for dinner

Really, breakfast for dinner is one of my most favorite things in the whole world! Tonight, I'm having leftover pancakes with pure maple syrup, soy sausage, and a green smoothie (made with spinach, frozen peaches, and OJ.)

SUPER YUM.

Segue,

There is an article in my most recent issue of Eating Well magazine (the Aug/Sept. issue,) titled, "Organics: Are They Worth It?" It summarizes much of the research comparing organic to conventional produce, mentions a few other issues associated with organics (buying local produce over far away organic produce because it had to travel much less, and is thus better for the environment, even if it has some pesticide/herbicide residues on it, etc.), and has a handy chart at the end titled "Where to Put Your Money." (It lists produce in three categories: "Preferably Organic -- Most Commonly Contaminated," "If Budget Allows, Buy Organic," and "It's Your Call -- Least Commonly Contaminated." The article is very, very interesting, and if you can get your hands on a copy, read it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the article sounds like a great one. I always find it hard to juggle all these competing perspectives.

KleoPatra said...

I love breakfast for every meal!!

Dori said...

Great breakfast and good reading. I have to buy bananas for the zucchini bread and haven't been to the store yet. Bananas are something I don't often have around for some odd reason?! Melissa is back at camp and hasn't made the lentils yet, she had it planned last week while I was away but there was a bunch of leftovers from the previous night supper that trumped a new recipe at lunch.

funwithyourfood said...

I'm a big fan of breakfast for dinner too. Mostly because of my love for potatoes o'brien.
great dinner choice

teddy

urban vegan said...

I'm just the opposite--I like dinner for breakfast ;)

karen said...

I love breakfast for dinner- I blogged about a tofu scramble the other day. I am making bluberry pancakes tommorrow.