Friday, July 07, 2006

breakfast of champions

Now, I normally have a hard time getting veggies into my breakfasts, but today, it was easy, and I managed two veggie servings! Wowzers.

I pan-fried a couple of soy sausage patties and half a sweet potato, thinly sliced, in a bit of canola oil until everything was softened and golden brown. I reheated a couple of leftover pancakes in the microwave, and then made a green smoothie! Yes, I was scared . . . but thanks to Megan blogging about a similar green smoothie, I decided to go for it! (I made mine out of a handfull of baby spinach, about a cup of frozen peaches, and enough orange juice to make the whole thing liquidy.) Yum!

Add a cup of vanilla-almond black tea, and today, I am chowing a true breakfast of champions!

5 comments:

MeloMeals said...

Awesome! I always feel better when I eat veggies for breakfast.

Dori said...

I love green smoothies too. Made them myself awhile ago. Yum. I'm glad to hear of the seventh generation's response to your bags.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear you like the green smoothie. I'm totally addicted now. It feels great to start the day off with something so yummy AND healthy!

Eat Peace Please said...

This sounds great! What a breakfast.

KleoPatra said...

I like incorporating veggies into breakfast (as well as lunch and dinner)! Good for you. Who needs Wheaties!!!???