Friday, July 21, 2006

Friday Night Munchies

example

Christine and I forewent the art show in favor of grocery shopping. A sad Friday night choice, we realized, but we both were starting to feel a little like Old Mother Hubbard!
This list looks enormous, but note I saved $22.14 between coupons, member specials, and a bag refund! Go me!
In other news, I'm trying to cut back a little bit on soy, and was excited to find a rice-soy blend milk in the soymilk aisle. I'll let you know how it tastes! I'm also trying a little bit to explore new grains, thus, the spelt bread.
Happy Friday!

BAKERY
1 loaf Great Harvest Bread Co. spelt bread

FROZEN
10 ounces organic frozen peaches
16 ounces Purely Decadent Cookie Avalanche
32 ounces Soy Delicious Strawberry

GENERAL MERCHANDISE
2 packages of replacement blades for my Recycline razors

PACKAGED GROCERY
32 ounces Eden organic Rice-Soy blend beverage (I'm so excited to try this!)
14 ounces quartered artichoke hearts
12 pack LaCroix Cran-Raspberry sparkling water
15 ounces organic garbanzo beans
32 ounces Oregon not-so-sweet chai
16 ounces SunButter
2 Cherry Pie LaraBars
2 Chocolate Coconut Chew LaraBars
4-count Seventh Generation TP
1 roll Seventh Generation brown paper towels
150 ounces Seventh Generation laundry detergent (the "take to work bottle")
50 ounces Seventh Generation laundry detergent (the "keep at home bottle")
40 ounces Seventh Generation lavender liquid fabric softener (also to take to work)
1 package Seventh Generation drawstring kitchen bags

PRODUCE
1 head organic broccoli
1 organic cucumber
1 organic avocado
half a pound of organic ranier cherries
2 organic yellow peaches
1 ear organic sweet corn
1 head organic purple garlic
8or so organic white button mushrooms
2 organic white onions
1 organic green bell pepper
1 pint local raspberries
1 pint local organic blueberries

REFRIGERATED GROCERY
14 ounces organic firm tofu
half gallon Organic Valley OJ plus calcium
four WholeSoy yogurts (peach, cherry, lemon, and apricot-mango)

Visit Harmonia for more info on Midweek (Weekend) Munchies.

6 comments:

KleoPatra said...

Wow, that list! It *is* enormous, but what a list it is!!!

Love all the Seventh Generation goodies, Catherine.

Curious how the Eden organic Rice-Soy blend beverage is...

Anonymous said...

I like the Rice/Soy blend--I usually get that or just rice milk, because I don't want to over do the soy either. Let us know what you think!

Courtney

Anonymous said...

Just curiosity-- Why cutting back on Soy? I have a vague recollection of hearing/reading reasons for this, but as a non-veg, very-moderate-soy-eater I didn't listen to closely....

MeloMeals said...

I've been making my own soy/rice milk and I like it a lot. I used to do all soy, but the rice tastes better homemade.
There is so much negative stuff about soy, but I don't buy it. well, I do with the processed stuff, but not the whole bean.

funwithyourfood said...

I don;t know if I've ever mentioned this but, I really love grocery shopping. Honestly, I would go there as a DATE haha.

I've made richard walk around ethic stores for hours.
what a great night if you ask me!

teddy

Anonymous said...

Where are the local organic blueberries from??? Farm-wise, anyway... :)