Tuesday, July 18, 2006

fruit and song

It's still so darn hot. I'm having a smoothie for dinner again tonight -- this one's actually a potential cookbook recipe, titled "The Purple People Eater." It's purple and yummy, and that's all I can divulge at this juncture. :)

I guess the only thing that's good about the heat is that I'm getting enough fruit servings every day.

In other news, I had another voice lesson this morning. They are lots of fun and going exceptionally well. My director is impressed with the gains I've made in the four lessons we've had. Today, he decided that my voice coupled with my instinctual ability to phrase beautifully means I should be singing more than once a week. (I'm not quite sure yet what this means.) He's going to "think it over and look into options." Interesting. I always knew I could sing well . . . didn't know I was this good, however! I'm so very excited about this -- can't wait to see what Bill drums up.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats...it's always nice to get positive feedback from someone you respect.
Purple...mmm...purple food. I'm guessing there are blueberries involved.

KleoPatra said...

You'll have to get us a YouTube of you singing!!

Purple like Barney? (Is Barney purple? I seem to think he's more magenta...)

Eat Peace Please said...

One reason I haven't been blogging. Lots of fruit eating, smoothies, bowls of fruit, fruit in hand, etc...

Freedom said...

Mmm, smoothies. Have you tried making green smoothies? That gets you your fruit AND veggie servings.
Well done on your singing talents - I'm jealous! (But not in a bad way :-) I'm a very musical person but I lack that natural voice for singing.

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

smoothies sound refreshing & cool. i'm way curious about the purple people eaters -- grapes, purple kale, blackberries??? hmmm. i wonder what bill has in mind for you?! congrats on advancing your talents. :o)

funwithyourfood said...

hmm purple?? What could make a smoothie purple? You've got me! Can't wait to find out

Teddy

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful about the voice lessons, Catherine. I know how exciting that can be. :)

I've been doing lots of fruits and veggies and smoothies lately, too. This heat is a killer. All I bought at the store last weekend was veggies. The end is in sight here in Indy, though. Supposed to cool down to the mid and lower 80s next week. Looking forward to that! ;)

Crystal said...

Hey there! Back from Chicago now. Purple smoothie sounds delicious. Mmmm...mmmm..good.

We'll make the French Toast for you this weekend and give you the full report.

-Crystal

MeloMeals said...

It's great that he sees your talent! Stay cool... the heat has got to break soon!

Carrie™ said...

Things here yesterday and today have been a bit more bearable. (fingers crossed) Maybe the heat/humidity have broken?

Very encouraging with your singing! I couldn't carry a tune if it had handles. Perhaps we have the next American Idol on our hands.

Anonymous said...

So jealous of your ability to sing. I wish I could carry a tune. Can't wait until your recipe book comes out.

Jen said...

The purple people eater sounds awesome! I love having smoothies for dinner when it's just too darn hot for anything else. I can't wait for the cookbook :)