Thursday, July 06, 2006

a response from Seventh Generation!

I knew they would . . .

"Dear Catherine,

Thank you so much for letting us know of your unfortunate experience. Last year we had this problem for awhile, but we solved it, and I am very curious as to whether you have a batch of old bags, or if this problem is rearing it's ugily head again!!

Would you take a look on the bottom of the box for the lot #? It will be hard to see - you will have to be in good light - the numbers will be stamped into the cardboard - 5 or 6 characters long. Anything after 1504 should be in great shape - if not, it's time to contact our manufacturer again!!

Are you able to tell the cause of the ripping? Are the seams failing, or is the plastic thin? Are the drawstrings themselves OK? I apologize for all the mess - total yuck!

I do not have any full price coupons to offer you for the bags, but I could send you one for another of our products, send you a replacement box, or refund your money - let me know what you would prefer...


Warm Regards,

Rebecca Cooper
Consumer Relations
Seventh Generation, Inc."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is amazing! I have written so many letters just like yours, and have gotten no reply--I think it is great of them to write you back.

Courtney

Anonymous said...

so wonderful to see them writing back!

Amanda said...

Wow, that's excellent customer service. I love their products. It's good to know the company is a nice one to deal with as well.

Eat Peace Please said...

AWESOME. That's it.

KleoPatra said...

Fantastic, way too cool of them to respond! Way to be proactive, Catherine...