Thursday, July 06, 2006

a response from Seventh Generation!

I knew they would . . .

"Dear Catherine,

Thank you so much for letting us know of your unfortunate experience. Last year we had this problem for awhile, but we solved it, and I am very curious as to whether you have a batch of old bags, or if this problem is rearing it's ugily head again!!

Would you take a look on the bottom of the box for the lot #? It will be hard to see - you will have to be in good light - the numbers will be stamped into the cardboard - 5 or 6 characters long. Anything after 1504 should be in great shape - if not, it's time to contact our manufacturer again!!

Are you able to tell the cause of the ripping? Are the seams failing, or is the plastic thin? Are the drawstrings themselves OK? I apologize for all the mess - total yuck!

I do not have any full price coupons to offer you for the bags, but I could send you one for another of our products, send you a replacement box, or refund your money - let me know what you would prefer...


Warm Regards,

Rebecca Cooper
Consumer Relations
Seventh Generation, Inc."

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow! That is amazing! I have written so many letters just like yours, and have gotten no reply--I think it is great of them to write you back.

Courtney

Megan the Vegan said...

so wonderful to see them writing back!

vegancore said...

Wow, that's excellent customer service. I love their products. It's good to know the company is a nice one to deal with as well.

EatPeacePlease said...

AWESOME. That's it.

Melody said...

very good.

KleoPatra said...

Fantastic, way too cool of them to respond! Way to be proactive, Catherine...