Thursday, July 20, 2006

rockin' numb buns

We had so much fun at the show tonight! Chris Koza, who if you haven't heard of him, is a highly acclaimed local artist -- check out the link WAY down on the right. He plays folksy rock, and has two CDs out. He is talented enough to play the guitar and harmonica at the same time, (and as Christine added, "well, so did Bob Dylan," but I continued, "well, since I don't have the talent for either, I'm impressed!",) and has both the ability to write beautiful ballads and rock your brains out.

The location was superb as well. The show was at the Mill City Museum, in Mill Ruins Park -- an outdoor space surrounded by ruins from the old flour mill that burned down eons ago along the Mississippi River. So, so cool. I definitely want to go back and check out the museum sometime -- it supposedly chronicles the history of Minneapolis. Christine went with her dad when he was in town, and she said it was pretty cool.

The people-watching was also spectacular -- I've never seen more thong-buttcrack coupled with "muffin top" flab in one sitting before. Sheesh. Pull up yo' pants!

My only complaint? Sitting on rubble for a two hour concert -- my tushie was numb by the end of the show! We agreed -- next time, we'd each bring our "chair in a sack."

This weekend is shaping up to be pretty busy for me. I may go to an art show tomorrow night, and then on Saturday, I am planning on visiting my friend Janelle, who just had a baby. Saturday night . . . Tapes 'n Tapes at First Ave! Wooooo! And man, I have to make time to get to the Wedge. SO, if you don't hear from me, have a great weekend and I'll post about all of the insanity on Sunday.

4 comments:

Jody from VegChic said...

Sounds like you had a great time. BTW - I really chuckled at the thong-buttcrack/muffin top thing. I don't get people going out of the house like that.

I thought your laptop lunch sounded pretty could actually. Hey, if you half the sandwhich will it fit in the containers? I haven't brought a sandwhich with mine yet, but I'm curious now.

Wow, voice lessons seem like they are going really well. That is pretty exciting.

Crystal said...

Hope you checked out the Star Tribune today...Tapes and Tapes are featured!

-Crystal

Dori said...

Sounds like a great weekend plan. I am looking forward to a laptop lunchbox come September! I get to take mine to school with me... isn't that the coolest!

Catherine Weber said...

Raising Kahne, "diverse-ness" is such a polite way to put it . . . !!!

Jody, even when the sandwich is cut in half, it is usually too "fat" for the lid to close. If I take the container out, there seems to be just enough extra space to help it out. Maybe they slice the bread extra fat in MN . . . who knows!

Crystal, I'm not a newspaper reader, (sad, I realize,) but that's cool that Tapes 'n Tapes were featured! I love how supportive the Twin Cities are of local music. It's so fun.

Dori, that's awesome that you're picking up a Laptop Lunchbox! I loved mine when I packed my lunch every day . . . and now I miss it! It was fun to use it on Friday night.